Dentistry for all ages
At McDonough and Garrett we welcome patients of all ages. Throughout our lives the type of dental care and treatment can change. At your dental consultation we look for signs of these changes such as;
- Worn, cracked and discoloured teeth. We can repair cracked teeth where possible with white fillings or crowns. Tooth whitening can greatly improve discoloured teeth and give a younger appearance.
- Periodontal disease. This is a chronic inflammatory disease affecting the gums and bone around teeth. If left untreated it can lead to bone resorption, infection and tooth loss. Recent research has linked it to systemic problems such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Tooth loss. We can advise on the best treatment to replace a missing tooth or teeth. Treatments include implants, bridges or dentures.
- Grinding. It is common for some people to grind or clench their teeth while sleeping. This can lead to cracked teeth or fillings or can cause problems like jaw joint pain, headaches and migraines. A night biteguard can help with these problems.
- Oral cancer. We check your mouth for signs of oral cancer. Risks of developing oral cancer are increased with smoking and drinking.